Sony FX30 provides everyday content creators and aspiring filmmakers with a powerful, yet accessible cinema camera with which to push their cinematic journey to new heights. It blends an imaging pipeline designed for cinematic capture with a comprehensive feature set and intuitive operation to create a complete system for all levels of filmmaking.
26MP APS-C/Super35 Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- High-sensitivity recording up to ISO 32000 and Dual Base ISO (800/2500).
- When using S-Log3, the FX30 can capture 14+ stops of dynamic range.
- Record in 10-bit 4:2:2 using advanced XAVC HS and XAVC S-I formats.
- Full pixel readout from the 6K sensor creates high-quality UHD 4K video at up to 60 fps.
- High-speed shooting is possible in 4K at up to 120 fps with a 1.6x crop and in Full HD at up to 240 fps.
- The HDMI output supports 16-bit raw video to select, separately available recorders.
Professional Picture Control
- S-Cinetone uses the same color science as Sony’s advanced cinema cameras, including the VENICE line, with natural mid-tones, soft colors, and smooth highlight roll-off.
- Picture Profiles, such as S-Log3 and HLG, will capture images with expanded dynamic range and flexibility for editors.
- Creative Looks can be baked into the recorded footage to create a specific mood during recording and minimize the need for editing.
- Up to 16 user-created LUTs and three presets can be set for accurately monitoring footage or previewing a specific look during shooting. These can be applied to the camera’s monitor or EVF as well as the HDMI output.