NIKKOR Z 70-180mm f/2.8
NIKKOR Z 70-180mm f/2.8 Lens Spanning a versatile telephoto zoom range. This features a lightweight and compact design well-suited to the needs of sports and wildlife image makers. The lens offers a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture throughout the entire zoom range, making it well-suited for working in low-light situations and capturing your subject with a shallow depth of field. Additionally, the lens provides excellent close-focusing performance, allowing you to capture small details in a dynamic and eye-catching way.
- Twice as bright as an f/4 lens, the lens offers a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture throughout the entire zoom range, making it well-suited for working in low-light situations and capturing your subject with a shallow depth of field.
- Featuring a combination of one Super ED and five ED glass elements, chromatic aberrations and color fringing is effectively eliminated throughout the zoom range for notable clarity and color accuracy.
- Utilizes three aspherical glass elements to minimize distortion and coma at wide apertures. The aspherical element also enables a lighter and more compact size, which is particularly useful for super-telephoto zoom lenses.
- Providing excellent close-focusing performance, the minimum focusing distance at the 70mm zoom position is less than 1′. Meanwhile, when the lens is fully extended at the 180mm zoom position, the minimum focusing distance is an impressive 2.8′, allowing you to capture small details in a dynamic and eye-catching way.
- STM stepping motor for fast, accurate, smooth, and quiet autofocus with reduced wobbling. This drive system also offers impressively smooth and quiet autofocus performance that is well-suited to both stills and video applications.
- A/M mode standing for Auto-Priority Manual Mode enables an easy transition from autofocus to manual during AF operation.
- Internal focusing lens design keeps the lens the same size during zoom and autofocus operation. This also allows for a compact form factor capable of close focusing distances.
Handling and Design
- An excellent choice for video applications and still photography, when recording video footage, the lens allows you to smoothly transition focus from the foreground to the background with little change to the angle of view.
- Features a compact and lightweight design providing maximum portability for on-the-go photographers, videographers, and content creators.
- Compatible with Nikon Z teleconverters, this lens offers you the ability to extend your effective focal length to 252mm with the 1.4x teleconverter and up to 360mm with the 2x teleconverter