Canon Camera Lens Cleaning Kit
Canon Camera Lens Cleaning Kit is exclusively designed for cleaning digital and analog photographic devices. Especially glass plastic and multicoated lens and filters. Photographic devices should be cleaned softly and immediately after using.Power Blower: Generate a powerful air stream to blow dust away from the lenses and camera body. Cleaning Cloth: Remove small grease and oil smudges from lens surface; Brush: Brush away the dust
- Viewfinder – If you notice spots when you look through your viewfinder, clean the viewfinder first. A microfibre cloth may be enough. You could find the marks are there, and not actually on your lens.
- Lens Body + Hood – Start by cleaning the lens body and hood with a damp microfibre cloth. I have used q-tips to remove built-up dirt and dust in hard to reach areas, such as the manual/auto focus switch. Toothbrushes also work, especially for the rubber focus or zoom rings. Just make sure they are clean first.
- Cleaning Solution on Lens – Apply to a cloth, not directly to the lens. This could cause beads of cleaning liquid to enter the lens. Wipe in concentric circles, as this reduces streaks. Work from the centre out, as this pushes the debris closer to the edge. Do not apply too much pressure, as this could lead to scratches or smudging, a much worse problem.
- Cleaning the Lens Mount – Rub the lens mount with the same damp cloth. This ensures the electronic information passes along correctly. Keep an eye out for dirt and grease that may be present.
- Rear Optical Element – Start with the air blower, as some debris or dirt could be abrasive. Then, use a dry cloth (unused) to clean smudges and dust away. For the glass elements, try and keep your microfibre cloths in an airtight container. Always check them for dirt first.